What if? Just for today …
We all lovingly and intentionally connected with another being today, just for a moment?
A friend, a family member or even a stranger?
Do you remember the movement years ago called Gorilla Goodness, where people empowered themselves to go around committing Random Acts of Kindness and Senseless Acts of Beauty?
Well, let’s add…
Here are a few ideas:
- Call someone and tell them how you appreciate them, without any other agenda.
- Connect with a difficult relationship and propose that we start over and “Do it differently.”
- Purposely look for someone to let in front of you in traffic and then wave them in.
- Generously listen to someone, paying as close as you can to 100% attention, saying only, “Tell me more.”
- Tell a friend or loved one, “I love you.”
- Smile at a few strangers today and perhaps even say, “Hi.”
- Look at yourself in the mirror today and really see you and connect to you. Tell yourself: “Well done!” and give yourself a few reasons why while maintaining eye contact with your real self (not the critical one).
I would love to hear your thoughts on this in the comments below. 😉